It’s been exciting to see the response to Project SNOWstorm from so many readers on the blog, Facebook, Twitter, and through emails. We have been really impressed with the interest in the project that so many of you have shown, and really appreciate that you are sharing our updates with your friends and family. We’d like to offer you something in return for your dedication and interest.
While we do really appreciate direct monetary donations that help us pay for the transmitters, we also want to reward our fans who are sharing our crowd-funding campaign with their friends via social media. Our crowd-funding platfrom, Indiegogo, can actually track your personal referrals including how many people click on the links you share, and how much money they contribute.
In return for referring $500 in donations, Scott Weidensaul is offering up a signed copy of Of a Feather immediately upon reaching that goal, and a signed copy of his forthcoming book Peterson Reference Guide to Owls of North America and the Caribbean, being published Oct. 13, 2015. We’ll also give you a huge shoutout on our blog and Facebook if you help us out in this way.
This offer is open to anyone, even if you have contributed to the Project SNOWstorm campaign yourself.
Simply log in to Indiegogo if you have not already, or create an account by signing up here. Then, visit the Project SNOWstorm campaign page on Indiegogo and look beside the main video to share and copy your unique URL.
– it will look like one of the links below, but with a different number at the end.
Copy your unique URL link to post around the Internet and save it for later by clicking the link icon circled below or begin sharing on social media by simply clicking the Facebook or Twitter buttons below with your URL pre-loaded.
When you click on any share tool on the Project SNOWstorm campaign page, you’ll automatically get a post or tweet that’s ready-to-go with your personal URL.
How to increase your chances
- Share your unique URL via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Email.
- Write a blog post about Project SNOWstorm.
- Share the story on Facebook groups or birding listservs that might find it interesting.
How To Track Your Results
- Log into your Indiegogo account.
- Click on your user name beside the search box at the top right of the page.
- Select the “My Profile” option.
- Click on the tab that says “Referrals” for the latest totals of referrals and contributions.
- This page will show the tally of all of the referrals, both clicks and actual donations.
Find out more about referrals here https://support.indiegogo.com/hc/en-us/articles/203660683-How-To-Participate-In-A-Referral-Contest
There is always some small print right? Well, here are our terms. We agree to ship these books anywhere in the USA or Canada. We also agree to send out prizes to anyone who reaches the $500 referral goal, as long as supplies last. The referral contest ends on March 27, 2015.