Columbia is an adult female captured in January 2020 near Madison Audubon’s Goose Pond Sanctuary in Arlington, WI, with support from Madison Audubon. She migrated north in April, spending the summer of 2020 on Prince of Wales Island in the central Canadian Arctic before migrating south. She first checked in Nov. 12, 2020, in Manitoba, and then moved to southeastern Saskatchewan, eventually wintering in northern Iowa. She migrated north in April 2021, and checked in again Nov. 25, 2021, in southwestern Manitoba.
We are raising $20,000 this year for Snowy Owl research.
We're continuing our work this winter, learning more about these majestic Arctic predators, but we can't do it without your help. Your donation to Project SNOWstorm is tax-deductible through our institutional home, the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art in Pennsylvania, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- The Pull of the North Posted on: April 10, 2022
- On the Move (Direction, um...Uncertain) Posted on: March 21, 2022
- One, Two, Three New Owls Posted on: February 27, 2022
- Here, or There? Posted on: February 6, 2022
- Late Yul-tide Greetings Posted on: January 11, 2022