Badger, a very dark immature female, was trapped just northeast of Freedom WI, at 5:10 PM during the very last light of 30 December 2017. This culminated three long days of concentrated work by a crew of raptor banders working cooperatively to place Project SNOWStorm transmitters on owls in Northeast Wisconsin. The field work spanned the area from Lower Green Bay to Pulaski to near Freedom and was made more difficult by the bitter cold and strong winds of a “Polar Vortex” that was gripping the northern and northeastern United States between Christmas and New Year’s days. This is the 57th owl fitted with a transmitter by project volunteers and funds for this transmitter and associated data charges were donated by the Natural Resources Foundation of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Public Service Foundation.
- Weekly Update Posted on: February 18, 2018
- Who is Where? Posted on: February 11, 2018
- Neighbors Posted on: January 28, 2018
- Bancroft and Austin (and Badger and Arlington and...) Posted on: January 23, 2018
- Welcoming (Back) Ashtabula Posted on: January 15, 2018