This adult female was originally banded by Norman Smith at Logan Airport in the winter of 2014-15, then recaptured at Logan the following winter by Smith and Jeff Turner, tagged and released on Cape Cod Dec. 30, 2015. Having spent much of the winter at smaller airports in Rhode Island, she moved back to Logan in mid-March 2016, and was killed by the engine blast from a jet three weeks later — sadly, a not-uncommon fate for owls at large airports.
Wampum’s transmitter was funded by an anonymous donor. Please donate to this project to make it a success!
- Wampum's Gone Posted on: April 11, 2016
- Casco's Grand Tour Posted on: March 27, 2016
- The Pull of the Pole Posted on: March 24, 2016
- Wampum is Back! Posted on: March 13, 2016
- Ice Owls Posted on: February 22, 2016