A juvenile female, Gichigami was tagged Feb. 10, 2018, by Nova Mackentley and Chris Neri at Whitefish Point, on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Her name is a rendering of the original Ojibwe name for Lake Superior, and her transmitter was funded by generous donations from the public. Gichigami spent much of the winter on the ice of Lake Superior, where her transmitter eventually became stationary, moving only with the wind-drifted ice, suggesting she either shed the unit or died.
- Stampede Posted on: April 29, 2018
- More Heading North Posted on: April 3, 2018
- Let the Race Begin Posted on: March 28, 2018
- Shaking Things Up Posted on: March 3, 2018
- Weekly Update Posted on: February 18, 2018