Hardscrabble was an after-third-year male (meaning he was at least four years old) that was tagged Feb. 22, 2016, by Tom McDonald near Hardscrabble Road in Cape Vincent, New York. This almost completely white, unmarked male weighed a robust 1,731 grams and had significant body fat. He moved north through southern and western Quebec, and last checked in April 28, 2016, along the east shore of James Bay. In December 2016 he returned south to farmland 100 km west of Ottawa, Ontario, in the Ottawa River valley.
Hardscrabble’s transmitter was funded by contributions from the public. Please consider your own financial support via Indiegogo or a direct donation via the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art, our institutional home.
- Wells is on Her Way Posted on: February 26, 2017
- Dakota and Hardscrabble: The Rest of the Story Posted on: February 23, 2017
- A Perch with an Historical View (and a Big Thank You!) Posted on: February 12, 2017
- Trying for Baltimore Posted on: February 7, 2017
- Wandering Wells Posted on: February 3, 2017