Pickford, a juvenile female, was tagged Feb. 2, 2018, by Nova Mackentkley and Chris Neri near Pickford, in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, just 2 miles (3.4 km) from Pennington. She was occupying the same winter territory used in 2015 by Chippewa. Pickford’s transmitter was underwritten by donations from the public. She left Lake Superior in early May and migrated north along James Bay, and checked in from its east shore Sept. 26, 2018. On Jan. 12, 2019, she sent almost 11,000 data points from New Brunswick, detailing her movements the previous eight months.
- Attaboy, Otter! Posted on: April 18, 2020
- Early May Update Posted on: May 5, 2019
- On the Road Posted on: April 28, 2019
- A Year in the Life of Chickatawbut Posted on: April 20, 2019
- Stella! Posted on: April 11, 2019