Dorval is an adult female at least seven years old, originally banded in Jan. 2017 at Montréal-Trudeau International Airport in Québec, and trapped there again Jan. 11, 2020, by Falcon Environmental Services. She was fitted with a GPS/GSM transmitter by Rebecca McCabe and relocated to southern Ontario, though she quickly returned to the airport. Dorval’s transmitter was paid for by generous donations from the public.
We are raising $20,000 this year for Snowy Owl research.
We're continuing our work this winter, learning more about these majestic Arctic predators, but we can't do it without your help. Your donation to Project SNOWstorm is tax-deductible through our institutional home, the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art in Pennsylvania, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Nudging North Posted on: March 18, 2021
- A New Face (and the First Stirrings of Spring) Posted on: March 7, 2021
- The Return of Argus Posted on: February 18, 2021
- A Long, Long Way from a Mickey D Posted on: January 31, 2021
- A Whole Lotta News Posted on: January 17, 2021