Pearl is a two-year-old female snowy owl, trapped Nov. 27, 2019, near Woodworth, ND by Matt Solensky of the U.S. Geological Survey’s Northern Prairie Research Center,and named for nearby Pearl Lake. Her transmitter was funded by generous donations from the public.
We are raising $20,000 this year for Snowy Owl research.
We're continuing our work this winter, learning more about these majestic Arctic predators, but we can't do it without your help. Your donation to Project SNOWstorm is tax-deductible through our institutional home, the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art in Pennsylvania, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- The Last Three Posted on: May 13, 2020
- Attaboy, Otter! Posted on: April 18, 2020
- The Pull of Spring Posted on: March 28, 2020
- Zugunruhe to You, Too! Posted on: March 1, 2020
- Good News Across the Board Posted on: February 8, 2020