Simcoe is an after-third-year female tagged Feb. 17, 2020, on Amherst Island, ON, in Lake Ontario by the Simcoe County Banding Group (for which she was named) and Rebecca McCabe. She spent the remainder of the winter on the island and migrated north in March 2020, nesting in the Ungava Peninsula, then returning to Amherst Island for the winter of 2020-21. Simcoe’s transmitter was paid for by generous donations to Project SNOWstorm.
We are raising $20,000 this year for Snowy Owl research.
We're continuing our work this winter, learning more about these majestic Arctic predators, but we can't do it without your help. Your donation to Project SNOWstorm is tax-deductible through our institutional home, the Ned Smith Center for Nature and Art in Pennsylvania, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
- Nudging North Posted on: March 18, 2021
- A New Face (and the First Stirrings of Spring) Posted on: March 7, 2021
- The Return of Argus Posted on: February 18, 2021
- A Long, Long Way from a Mickey D Posted on: January 31, 2021
- A Whole Lotta News Posted on: January 17, 2021